Check if you have to pay for prescriptions
What we can check
This service checks if you're entitled to free NHS prescriptions with any of these:
- prescription prepayment certificate (PPC)
- medical exemption certificate
- maternity exemption certificate
- HC2 certificate
- tax credit exemption certificate
We will also tell you if your certificate is due to expire within the next month.
When you don't need to check
You're automatically entitled to free prescriptions if you are:
- 60 or over
- under 16
- 16 to 18 and in full-time education
It should take less than 1 minute to complete.