BETA This is a new service - your feedback (Opens in a new tab) will help us to improve it.


Register as a GP to issue maternity exemption certificates

If you are a GP registered with the General Medical Council (GMC) you can still register to use this service.

To register, email and include your:

  • name
  • GMC reference number
  • NHSmail address

Once we've received this information, we'll email you to confirm you are registered. You will then be able to use the online service.